In 1878 Sir Arthur Evans, following the route of the still visible ancient aqueduct Vodovađa - Cavtat, dug a semicircular pool (piscina) which probably flowed to the final watercourse situated next the Villa Račić. Terminologically, he stated that it was most likely a nymphaeum, but this was never confirmed. Water entered the room through a semicircular niche. The semicircular pool has a cement floor and is surrounded by a staircase where bathers could stand. The depth of the pool was 110 cm. Everything was lined with marble slabs, but they were removed over time. Today, only traces of a semicircular pool are visible from the excavation, while most were devastated by subsequent constructions, such as the added fence wall of Villa Račić.
- Evans, Arthur; preveo Branko Kirigin. 1978. Cavtat – Konavli – Risan. Mogućnosti, god. 25, 8. pp. 951–966
- Cambi, Nenad. 2006. Antički Epidaur. Dubrovnik, XVII/3. Dubrovnik. pp. 185–217
- Faber, Aleksandra. 1966. Prilog topografiji ilirsko-rimskog Epidaura s posebnim obzirom na nova istraživanja. Opuscula archaeologica, 6. pp. 25–38
- Novak, Grga. 1966. Dio 1: Povijest Dubrovnika od najstarijih vremena do početka VII stoljeća : (do propasti Epidauruma). Prilog Analima Historijskog Instituta u Dubrovniku Sv. X – XI (1962 – 1963). Dubrovnik.